4.19.2013

In Pursuit of Art


I went to the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) on 'free admission Wednesdays' and had a blast looking at all the paintings.  I took the above pic of a painting by Clarence Gagnon and I've fallen madly in love with this piece of art. Oddly, I couldn't find any information about this painting at the gallery (nor the internet!) so I'm left wondering what it was titled and where on earth I can find a print of it.  If anyone knows - please tell me!  But not all was lost because I enjoyed other great works by Lawren Harris and Arthur Lismer of the Group of Seven, and French master of impressionist painting - Claude Monet.  I was shocked to learn that photography is now permitted in Canadian art galleries, but pleased nonetheless (I'm anti-flash for the record!).  This way, I get to enjoy Gagnon's painting which for now shall remain nameless!

J xx

'A Clear Winter' by Arthur Lismer


A close up photo of 'Vétheuil in Summer' by Claude Monet


'Winter Woods' by Lawren Harris


My boyfriend took this photo and made me promise I'd give him credit.  He's very proud of himself!

No comments:

Blogging tips